What's with all the fuss about New Year's eve??? Everyday I see zillions of adverts in the newspapers all claiming the best party of the year or whatever.....all with fancy titles which make no sense- Xtravaganza!, Xtacy!!, Reverb 2008- , fancier prices(5000 bucks!-i could buy 5 new dresses with that), and djs whom noone has ever heard of before especially "international" djs. How about telling us if any of these "international" djs were a hit in their respective countries?
New year was never really a big deal for me....I didn't think one was supposed to do anything special on new year's eve....maybe because mum always had to work at the hotel on that night and i usually stayed at home and watched whatever came on the telly......yep there used to be some gooood stuff on the tube on 31st december. I think it was maybe a couple of years ago that i realised oookkk it's supposed to be a huge thing and one is deemed a loser if -gasp! god forbid- one decides to stay at home on NEW YEAR'S EVE! I mean I got laughed at for going to watch a movie that day! Ok so it was only one person who laughed(pointing et all) but still! What's wrong with watching Chicken Little on the 31st of december i ask ya? Do I need a muhurat?
But you know what, last year there was nothing good to watch on the telly. NOTHING. Jeez...you'd think they'd have a heart for those of us who do not have boyfriends they want to go out with and are not allowed to go partying with friends. That's right....not allowed to go partying. And I totally understand my parents' point of view...it aint pretty out there....what with people getting drunk and high and stuff...I'd worry about me too.
So what i wanna know is who the fish started this trend??? Ok, new year, big deal. Isn't a bit strange to celebrate the passage of time? I thought we all wanted more of it......I guess people just want an excuse to party and i mean PARTY....hmpf and because of that, us reluctant ones are getting caught up in the madness too. Really, would you like it if your pals are out having fun without you? Or if you're given the eyebrow the next day- "You mean you stayed at home all evening???"
Well as y'all have probably guessed, I am NOT in a very good mood. Why are things the way they are? Why is it that the more you want something, the less are your chances of getting it? Why do stupid things matter more than the real deal? Why are we all in a race for power and money? Why do we care what other people think? Why do we care about people who don't know we exist? Why do we take people for granted?
Why do nice people finish last???????????
Annoyed at the way of the world, this is me signing off for now.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Annoyed, Frustrated and just plain Pissed Off
Posted by Born Confused at 12:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment