Let's assume that FIITJEE is a zoo and we students are its inhabitants. How do we function? Just as any normal zoo, I suppose. We all have our own cages and stay their with our own species but we like to come out and mingle at times, that is until the game warden comes and ushers us back in. We hoot, scream, roar, cackle, jump from benches and hang from the ceiling in our spare time. Please don't feed us, we feed ourselves and obviously we are educated, do you take us for animals? But zoos are used to members of other species paying visits, we however are not.................
Our encounter with the other kind would mostly be limited to pigeons and dragonflies, which can be sighted only if you go to the terrace. Or sometimes, it would be the humongous doggie next door that likes to assert itself by looking over the wall and barking loudly....
Rachina : Dogs woof
Me : Dogs bark
Rachina :DOGS WOOF!!!!!!!!!
Me : DOGS BARK!!!!!!!!!
OK, it did sound more like a woof so then why did we learn it as dogs bark when we were taught animal sounds? The system, I tell you! What is it teaching kids these days? But a really close encounter came one fine day in May, in the middle of Physics class..
Vachan : Pssst.. There's a rat!
SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me : That's not a rat, it's a mouse.
Apu : Does it make any difference????
Me : Sure it does! Mice are cuter. Can I name it Wendell?
It turned out that there were two and were desperately trying to get out of the room. They were following some kind of pattern, running along the edges and twice, one came near the board
Sir (to mouse) : If you would like to explain something please go ahead
Mouse looks at Sir and twitches its ears
Sir (to class) : What is this, a mouse or a tiger?
And then continue its relay race around the class
Rachina : Hmmm atleast they're smart enough to know that the corner is not in the middle of the room
Me : I always said mice were intelligent...
SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apu : The rat just went past my leg!!!
Me : It's just your skirt!!! And it's not a rat, it's a mouse
Apu : NO I'm damn sure its the rat
Me : It's your skirt rey and its a mouse!
And more recently, one day in the corridor..
Me : So what were you telling me?
Rachina : I was saying.....
SQUEAL!!!!!!!!! and I saw something orange streak past with a horde of boys pursuing it
I thought I thaw a putty-tat.
And it streaked past me again with the hooting boys in its wake
I did! I did! I did thee a putty-tat!
It was said that the cat went barging into A01 and made all the Einstiens pull a Napoleon and then jumped into the podium in A02. Poor thing must have been really scared!!!I went to find out what happened to it when Shehzaad Roy's Salli started playing in my head and I heard him say, "Hey, I heard they killed it" Oh yeah? If there's anything that needs extermination here, its you. But I think they did otherwise and it better be that way, or I'm suing this place
More recently, in the middle of an uneventful Maths period.......
Anisha : SQUEAL!!!!!!!!! COCKROACH!!!!!!!!!
Me : It's tiny!
Anisha : It's still a cockroach!!!
Ankita : Please Please, get it away from me!! I hate cockroaches
and made me change places with her. Peace once again, till the boys from the other side passed us a present..
Ankita : It's not funny!! Get it away from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WHACK) Where'd it go?
Akshay : Hey, it's on your bag
Me : Sigh! Get off it, you vermin
and the cockroach showing mice-like intelligence made its way towards the door
Harsha : Come back!!!!!!!!!! Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akshay : Wait, I'll get it
Sir : What are you doing?
Akshay : Me, Sir? There's a cockroach, I was trying to throw it out. Shoo! Shoo!
Yeah...........It's a jungle in here
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Animals In A Human Zoo
Posted by Sayonee at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment