CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting There

Yayy I finally asserted my independence! Stood on my own two feet! Travelled the lonely road! Made the journey!!.....Er, went alone in an auto that is:D

It wasn't such a big deal actually but I, being a first timer, had to face some unusual problems.
I came down the stairs of my college and saw quite a few autowallahs parked outside. Oooooook.
Nobody told me how to choose which one to take. Autowallahs are one of my big fears so this one was tricky- I avoided the ones who were scowling like the villains one sees in telugu films and chewing paan(don't ask) and got into an old guy's auto. Unfortunately his auto was as old as he was. Crash! Bang! Creak! Rattle! Groan! God. I wondered if we'd make it in one piece or just with the autoguy holding the handlebar(whatever it's called) and me standing behind him. And he mumbled something i didn't understand so i had to go Huh??? atleast thrice before i took a wild guess at what he was trying to say and answered his question....Phew lucky one. Oh and of couse, I got ripped off. The meter was going faster than Scooby Doo going for a Scooby snack. Jeeeeez. And duh as it would have to happen in a situation like this, I was broke......so I dug out 38 bucks from my bag somehow and asked him to stop when the meter read 38.......and yeah walked the rest of the way home!! Hehe but it's ok...it wasn't that far, and god knows i could use the exercise......

So I made it!! Got ripped off and the auto nearly fell apart(what? it felt like it was going to!) but I maayaaade it!!! Tra la la la la. Haha. I so rule.

2 comments:

VIDYA said...

hilarious post!

btw,"first timer"...as in you've never traveled in an auto by yourself before?

anyway,i do a lot of scouting before i pick an auto too...there are too many of those villain like prototypes on display outside the college...lol!

Born Confused said...

thank u vidya! yeah thts wat i meant by first timer....and yeah one has to be careful...