CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What Is This World Coming To?

And I thought that the world could get no crazier.
The authorities are still debating over whether the bullet or the hitting the roof killed Benazir Bhutto. Who cares?????? She's dead all the same and ascertaining the cause of her death won't bring her back! Now the latest Bhutto personality is her niece, Fatima Bhutto who believes that she is the heir of PPP & is trying to push poor Bilawal in the background, saying he isn't the right person for the job. Look, you may not like your aunt and that's all fine and dandy but please, the poor boy's got enough on his plate already and doesn't need your brickbats
Another speculation as to how someone died. Did Heath Ledger commit suicide or was it a fatal combo of medicines? His funeral was held in Perth a few days ago. Michelle Williams was there. She put her filming on hold to mourn him. Well, what is the use, frankly? You know you may very well have been the cause for his suicide, if it was one in the first place.
Celebrities are a strange set of people. They keep talking about some Amy Winehouse these days, a troubled British singer. Golly, where do they crop up from? And everytime I see the same photo of hers, the black dress, tattoos and that Goth make-up and would you believe that she was wearing the exact same thing at her satellite Grammy performance?? Look, I know you won 5 Grammy's and everything and you are going through a rough patch, but it would help if you changed your dress once in a while. Gemma Atkinson has now moved from the Sports page to the Entertainment page. How annoying!!! Daniel Radcliffe just broke up with his girlfriend. I didn't even know he had one in the first place!! Somebody named Laura who couldn't put up with his demanding schedule. And imagine we had to listen to Emma Watson go on about how boys find her intimidating etc. but that Drucker dude cheated on her anyways (can you believe she drank champagne at a French Riviera on a date?)
Last Sunday, I was sitting alone on the steps of St. Mary's during break time when an old lady came upto me with a prescription in her hand. Dejavu?? You bet!!! She wasn't merely asking me help for reading the prescription. No, she was asking me to fund it as she kept showing me her waist and mumbled something about cancer. I tried to brush her way politely by saying "Telugu radu" but I was bogged down by my own sentiments and thoughts which I had penned down here a few days ago and I handed her Rs.10. Did she really have cancer? I can't tell. This is the state we have come to. Genuinity is very hard to detect. I know this is unconnected but I can't help remembering one beggar boy in Sindhi Colony who had his little brother with him. When someone gave him an apple, he promptly gave it to his little brother to eat without even looking at it. This is my India.........
And it is this India that the Chinese want to devour!!!! Arunachal Pradesh is a part of our country, they say. Yeah right!!! The gods must be crazy in China!!! (oooh good one!) As it is, we are having border troubles with Pakistan and we don't need you to add to them. So as a sign of protest, I'm going to give up eating Chinese food. I was never crazy about it in the first place. Its so.....ubiquitous! Its everywhere! Road-side stalls, 5-star hotels...so giving up is not going to be hard, except maybe for momos. I LOVE MOMOS!!! But I never really thought of it as a Chinese dish. Hence I hereby declare momos to be a part of Bengali cuisine. There, how do you like that? That'll teach you to take something that's not yours!!!
To divorce or to not divorce, that is the question. No. The question is : when did I marry her in the first place? The Malik-Siddiqui was is still on in full force and I'm finding it hard to take a stand. Malik's words are starting to sound convincing and people don't drag one to court just for fun now do they? Well, the city is now talking about how Malik cheated Ayesha and I'm talking about how auto wallahs cheated me! They tamper even with electric meters for heavens sake!!!!!!!!!!
But everything is not so bad. I now officially approve of Brangelina. I realise now that Angelina is far from just an attractive face. She's a good person at heart and she really wants to make a difference in this world. She and Brad saved a kid from being stampeded the other day and that's why she now trumps Jennifer Anniston. But just legitimise things by getting married please! Then everything would be truly nice!

0 comments: