I opened the paper today morning and surprise surprise!! HEARTS everywhere. Jeeeez. I groaned and turned the page- well whaddya know more hearts!! "The perfect valentine's day gift !" "This valentine, show her that you care!" GAG!! Who started this anyway? I suppose it was that ole St. Valentine. Yeah I know loads of people love this day- they wait for it with anticipation and all but I'm not exactly feeling very kindly toward him right now... Makes me feel like saying "Bah! Humbug" (yes i know that's related to christmas but I think it pretty much fits here). What about those of us who are not in a "relationship"?? Man, we're getting a raw deal ! Didn't think about us now did you Valentine ole chap?
WE have to watch all the cuteness everywhere, give up reading the paper today because it's so valentiney, even messaging rates are up to one buck-rip off i tell ya....the horoscope thingy in the paper-that's also on love and lame things like what to buy your aquarian girlfriend.....I mean puhhhleeeez I checked out virgo and it said liquer chocolates or a topaz ring!! Well I'm a virgo and if my guy tried to buy me that i'd think he was touched in the head. What's wrong with regular chocolates and a diamond ring huh??? Diamonds aren't a girl's best friend for nothing. They're so pretty and shiney:) Topaz-eurgh:(
Valentine specials on the telly too-but not a SINGLE good movie- no kidding...I'd have atleast taken that as compensation for having to go through this day. Well I have come to the conclusion that this day sucks and it is just a gimmick to sell stuff. Shops and their lame Valentine specials.
If you love your girlfriend- tell her that everyday, buy her something whenever you feel like, take her out, make her feel special...and that's the way it should work...Why all this natak??
Oh world when will you learn??
P.S- Might not be blogging too often now folks-stupid exams.
0 comments:
Post a Comment