Today, I devote this post to Heath Ledger. It's not a entirely an entry about how much I like him, but more of an obituary. He committed suicide at 28, on January 22, 2008. He went away too young. I can't say I knew him personally but I don't know why I feel so terrible. Is this what girls my age felt like when James Dean died? I even feel bad that I never wrote his name in the Favourite Actor slot in any slam book! I haven't seen many of his movies but I've seen a part of A Knight's Tale. It was damn good.
William : You're just a silly little girl with a flower!
Jocelyn : Well, I'd rather be a silly little girl with a flower than a silly little boy with a stick. Why don't you like flowers?
William : You can't eat them, they are of no use and they smell
Jocelyn : If you want to prove that you love me, then you will lose today's match William : You're mad!
(At the match)
He charges forward and then stops after sometime and lets the opposing knight bludgeon him with his lance
Bill from STILL STANDING : What are you doing?
English Guy : Are you mad?
William (sighing) : Jocelyn wants me to prove my love for her by losing this match
English Guy : I'd rather have you blind
(When he is getting his arm bandaged)
Jocelyn's Maid : Jocelyn wants you to..................
William : I know, I know. If I love her, then I will lose every match for her
Jocelyn's Maid : No...........If you love her, then you will win every match for her
William : Women!
(The Next Day)
English Guy : There she is, as radiant as the sun. Fight for her. Fight for the one you love
William : Oh, I hate her!
(Later)
Jocelyn : Oh you poor thing! This is all my fault
William : Yes. It is.
All this while, my wanting to watch Brokeback Mountain was for Jake Gyllenhaal, but after seeing this movie, I had a new reason : Heath. He was supposed to play Joker in the new Batman movie. It's going to release this year. And I will watch it out of due respect for him (and the fact that I love Batman!) Some day, I will watch all of his movies. His new one, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnessus (did I get the title right?) was stopped midway. Since it's a fantasy movie, they're planning to make his character change form and bring in Johnny Depp Quite a few articles about him in the paper today. Like how the name Heath was unlucky as it is reminiscent of Heathcliff who had a tragic end and no luck with Catherine, as did Heath with Michelle Williams. This also reminds me of Catherine, who was a Heath Ledger fan, in All Ameican Girl by Meg Cabot (who by the way, wrote a very disgusting sequel to such a nice book) Did you know Mary Kate Olsen was a good friend of his? Strange! I can't stand her. Britney Spears doesn't think he's gone and that "he's around here" But I can see her following him down the same path. Fame comes at a heavy price and it cost him his life. I still can't explain why is it that I feel so bad. It's not even the kind of feeling I felt when I learned about Marlon Brando's death which came as a shock to me because I thought he was already dead! So think of just how many days I lost of him not being dead while I was thinking he was dead (make sense?) Here's to one talented actor who would have one day made it big and also in my Favourite Actor's list
Rest in peace, Heath............................
1 comments:
yeah....it made some sense.
Post a Comment