So here we stand, in our secret place
The sound of the crowd is so far away
I wouldn't say its secret but there is a special place and it is very calm and quiet and peaceful. And what happened there will perhaps happen only once. People wear different faces everyday. He wore one one that day and so did I. And you know what? That combination worked pretty well. I barely recognise him now. I guess everyone's prone to fallacies of the human temperament, so I guess I shouldn't think much about it.
So lets take tonight and never let go
We're dancing this evening like there's no tomorrow
Nope, not letting go but not trying to hold on to it tightly either. I heard somewhere that the more you try to hold on to sand, the more it trickles away. So I'm going to let that impression in the sand stay undisturbed. Oh and I don't dance. I don't think he does either. They're just the song lyrics.
And I'll treasure this moment
Till we meet again
When I met him again after such a long time, my initial impression of him remained. I wouldn't look him in the face, behaved as if he were the dust of my feet, played hide and seek and loads of other crazy, cooked up supposedly ego issues I had. Time passed and everything turned upside down. Traits I hated changed into traits I liked. If someone told me at the time of our first meeting that in the near future it would be like this, I would have probably said "Later, dude!!! You don't know what you're talking about! That's virtually impossible" The Fates really know how to pull the strings, don't they? But I guess I was always fascinated by him from the start. He was so........Darcy! And the funny part is.........I really like Darcy. I don't know when we'll meet again but till then, the etchings in the sand continue to grow.
But no matter how far or where you may be
I just close my eyes and you're in my dreams
That's how it all started. Dreams. It was really kind of like some wake up call or something. I had no idea what my sub-conscious was trying to say but I hope my interpretations were right. I've been having weird dreams lately. I think I haven't been eating properly. He's in them, his face exactly as I remember it, slouched against the wall with the smile on his face. Sometimes they are downright cruel but otherwise there was always something nice about them.
I'll always look back as I walk away
It's here we will last for eternity
I walk away. I turn and look back sometimes. And I turn away again. I've never looked him in the eye till now, even if I did, it was just fleeting. He has a piercing gaze, searching right through you. And I know that if he does look, he'll know. I don't want him to know. It's best it remains this way. You know, just passing by him in those hallowed halls. It's a cycle that'll repeat itself everyday in reality and fantasy.
But until that day...............you.........know you are
The.............
No I'm not going to say it because saying it will mean I'm admitting to it but I don't want to....now. It's not the time for these kind of things anyway. I've got my life's most important exam a few months away and I ought to be thinking about that. I've got more pressing things on my mind right now, what with the possibility of my mother being transferred to Karimnagar in 2 weeks time and my Phase Test and AITS (I did decently in the last one, by the way). So really, I shouldn't be bothered about something like this now. Now's the time to study. I've got plenty of time for all this later.
P.S. Did I really just write all of this? Golly!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
You know you are.............
Posted by Sayonee at 2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment