Tell me that I'm the fairest of them all
You know, I used to be real fair but now I'm all sunburnt. My arms are fair towards the shoulders but gradually darken as you move downwards but my palms and the underskin upto my elbows are the remnants of my natural colour. It's strange I tell you, my hands are almost variegated! My heels are also the last vestiges of my once upon a time fairness. My parents still remnicise about how white I was when I was born. I mean, I'm still fairer than my parents now but someday when I grow up and have lots and lots of money, I will go in for tan reduction treatment and THEN I 'll show you my true colours!!! (hee hee)
The natural kind of attraction acting on me is now nearing my ICSE percentage which is not good. I've gotta do something about it. I'm waiting for my aunt to come. Man, she'a fitness freak and she's very pretty. I'm hoping she could do something for me. She told me that I have a very pretty and sweet face (aww thank you!), I just need to work to bring it out.
You know, it's not that I haven't realised this before. I look into the mirror and if I photoshop my face in my mind, I really can see that I have a sweet face. Sometimes the trick is a strategic light source and a reflecting surface and your face can look like something out of a painting or a fashion magazine. It works best when your light source and preferably translucent reflecting surface are parallel to each other. In my father's house in Bangalore, the light rays from the window and the surface of the door are in the same plane, so that way the details of your face are not hidden much by the light. The door was brown and if I go up close to it, I can see my face but it's not really my face, it's like as if somebody did those smear paintings with oil of my profile against a brown background. It's really fascinating you know. Sometimes its an advantage to have two translucent surfaces, their planes perpendicular to each other. Take my book case and my window for example. And its very important that the light to be diffused otherwise the image looks just plain.......well, plain. The laundry hung outside to dry does the trick. In the window pane, you see your face in its complete purity and I'll admit my eyes looked a lot like a .......geisha's! But in the book case, you see a girl with her face half-hidden in the shadows and the other half turning towards the light, in a very enigmatic pose (ya, I do this in my spare time) Another method is to have your glass directly under a tubelight. Yes, it's not a diffused source but if the region beyond your glass is dark then you really have something here. So at 11:30 in the night, I like to stand in front of my glass balcony door and look at myself, imprinted on a dark canvas with light falling only on my face from somewhere above and my eyes really look good!
I would like to take this opprtunity to say how much I love Dove Shampoo! Its perfect! The only product which actually gives you the same results as the show in the ad. The quality of my hair's definitely improved and Harmeet told me you can make it softer my smoothing your hair out while shampooing. I'll have to say it works! Thanks, Aloo Gobi (hee hee) I always thought my hair was a slightly crappy version of Katrina Kaif's. My natural hairstyle is lot like her's in Namaste London minus the bangs. She is, after all, my identical hair twin. Priyanka Chopra has a winning smile. Mine needs a dental surgeon. Aishwarya Rai does have pretty eyes. I was never one for eye-makeup. I think my eyes look nice just the way they are. I'm not much for perfumes either but I love the Amitabh Bachchan Vaishnavi gave me for my birthday (on her birthday...) It smells so grown up! Thanks Vaish! No matter just how famous Christian Dior is and how much my mother loves it, I don't think its anything special. But I like Charlie Sunshine though, it really smells like bottled sunshine.
Now, just about every girl I've met told me I have amazing nails (thank you mother for the genes) although The Other One doesn't like to admit it because she sees green. Apart from using them for self defence, I like to flaunt them and the only brand worthy of gracing my assets is Maybelline. I LOVE MAYBELLINE!!! It's the best cosmetic brand ever. Their Ultimate Wear is well..ultimate. They don't dry up for at least 5-6 yrs. Their Colorama didn't impress me that much but I'm willing to try their new Colorama in "Mild to Wild shades" Their lipsticks are..oh my God. Wet Shine and Wet Shine Diamonds rule! Although they don't make them anymore, I've got enough of them to keep me going for a couple of years now (my mother really indulges me in these matters). And their new Shine Seduction looks real tempting. I know its crazy but I've always wanted to be a Maybelline model. You know I would saunter on screen trying to sell their products and a voice behind whispers "Maybe she's born with it. Maybe its Maybelline" Back home, Lakme is a pretty good brand as well. I would vouch for their lip gloss. And I've got a face powder that's almost as old as me but its still great, I haven't got a rash as yet. My skin is very sensitive (very!) I can feel even the tiniest ant crawling up a place with a paucity of nerve endings. Their nailpolishes are good during Fashion Week. Sabyasachi Mukherjee has good shades but you need 2-3 coats for a finish but the Manish Malhotra I'm wearing right now looks good with just one coat and is convenient to apply at even 11:40 last night. Oh and their nail polish removers are the best. And believe me I use a lot of it. I'm not exactly very skilled in the usage of these products because I use them very rarely. I bet even a chimpanzee can apply lipstick more skillfully than me (ok I'm being harsh on myself) but I really need to enroll in "How To Put On Make Up" classes.
But what is the use of all this pancake mix? It's ultimately the inner beauty that matters. My mother almost yells at me for my lack of enthusiasm for cosmetics (except when its Maybelline) and dressing up. You don't even change your earrings!, she says. Well I'm pretty comfortable with my present ones, thank you. I've got a sizable designer jewellery wardrobe and a ridiculous amount of blue jewellery (I love blue). I'm more into silver, platinum and oxidised metal. I cannot stand gold unless its from D'Damas. No one can make magic with gold the way Italians can! (with proper accent) I use them for special occasions only so excuse me for not being like my 8 year old cousin for who has to carry a vanity purse and wear eyeliner and lipstick (orange, yuck!) and dress all meretriciously even if she's going out to the shop next door.
So this post look likes something I can give to a fashion magazine but all I want to say is that it's not wrong to dress up. It's only natural to want to look good. And it's everyone's right irrespective of how they really are. You really need to feel beautiful on the inside. So for all those girls out there like me........I just want to say that, go by what my aunt said :
You have a pretty face. You just need to work to bring it out
I'm beautiful,
I'm beautiful,
I'm beautiful,
It's true!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Mirror, Mirror On The Wall
Posted by Sayonee at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I should enroll in "What the screwed up hell is makeup?" classes.
But well, you can ask me first, "will you ever use it?"
Post a Comment